- Executive Master of Finance & Control (EMFC/MSc. ). Thesis subject:
Offshoring – Anchoring or Drifting?
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Further educational summary
- Pension Fund Governance
- Other Finance: Project Finance, Economic Valuation, Economics & Risk analysis
- Auditor in a Technical Environment (Shell)
- HSSE: Health, Effect and Hazards Management, Security, Process- and Personal Safety
- ISO9001 Auditing (Det Norske Veritas)
- Lean-SixSigma Green Belt techniques
- Interactive, Presentation and Negotiating skills
- MS Access & Visual Basic for Excel
- BOSIET – Basic Offshore Survival Induction and Emergency Training (Falck)
Self deployed (2017 onward)
- ProRail (June 2018 – August 2019)
Qualitymanager – I developed a quality managementsystem for the ERTMS proramme (European Rail Traffic Monitorimng System). Key succesfactors in this role were change- and stakeholder management
- Het Waterschapshuis (April 2017 – December 2018)
Contractmanager – In the role of Contractmanager I managed three ICT-contracts. In paralel I developed a contractmanagement system in order to allow Het Waterschapshuis to administrate their contracts efficient and effectively.
- Tata Steel (March 2017 – April – 2018)
Contractmanager – As Contract manager I managed the contract for the full site maintenance. Subsequently I developed a financial reporting system, with add-ons like a risk register and a dashboard with maintenance- and project-KPI’s
Royal Dutch Shell (2002 – end of 2016)
- Senior Audit Lead HSSE&SP (2014 – 2016)
Identify and report leading indicators to prevent harm to people, assets and reputation, HSSE&SP Auditor, Contractor HSSE Management, Risk analysis and reporting.
- Project Lead Governance, Risk and Assurance (2013 – 2014)
Risk identification and assessment, Incident investigator (on Contract Management), Assurance planning and Execution, Design and implementation of a single Global Business Management System.
- Head of Governance, Risk and Assurance (2007 – 2013)
Daily lead of a team of five, (Finance) Audit planning, Risk Identification & Reporting, Control Incidents & Learnings, Finance Controls, Assurance Liaison for partners (Exxon) and Custodian of the Business Management System, Project Lead Finance Process Improvement.
- SOX404 implementation (2005 – 2007)
Financial control design and implementation, Finance audits in various countries to ensure and verify compliance with SOX404.
- Project Lead Economic Software (2003 – 2005)
Coordination and implementation of Economic and Financial software; modelling, testing and roll-out across various countries.
- Project Controller (2002 – 2003)
Project Accounting and Reporting for a large construction project (Shell Laboratory in Rijswijk).
Ministry of Infrastructure & Environment (1999 – 2002)
- Project co-coordinator (2002)
Implement the formal Governmental budget cycle into the newly set up of the Inspection of I&E.
- Project Coordinator Euro Implementation (2001 – 2002)
Euro implementation coordinator project organization HSL Zuid (High Speed train project).
- Project controller HSL Zuid (1999 – 2001)
Project Finance & Contract Administration for HSL Zuid, Daily team lead, Construction payment scheduling, ISO9001 auditor, Coordinator of two office moves (~45 people).
Shell Chemicals – Contracted via Balance: 1998 – 1999
- Management Accountant Financial accounting & reporting, set up Activity Based Costing process.
British Petrol (1993 – 1998)
- Financial-/Management Accountant at BP Aviation and BP Gas Financial accounting & reporting, Working capital forecasting models, Financial Analysis.